Connie's Blabber

Friday, September 12, 2008

Devil May Care, by Sebastian Faulks

Devil May Care, The New James Bond Novel by Sebastian Faulks

I took advantage of the couple of days of free time to read a light book before the trip to Europe. Like most people, I am a fan of the 007 movies. When it comes to the novels, I've only read, many years ago, Goldfinger by Ian Fleming.

One can see that Sebastian Faulks wants to maintain Fleming's style of simple writing and exciting story-telling. The absurdity of the main villain seems more pronounced in a book than in a movie: somehow, one can easily treat a Bond movie as science fiction or a cartoon, but it's harder to gloss over the belief-defying plot when it is written down on paper. I remember enjoying the book while reading it, but now, five weeks later, I have only the vaguest recollection of the story, which means I can safely read the book again in a few months and enjoy it all over.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home